DJ mixing software

Silock@CSi

Registered
What's a good DJ mixing program? I've found several that are more for live-based mixing, but I want to burn my mixes to a CD. I'm looking for something like MixMeister. Anyone know of something?

Originally posted by michaelsanford
Depending on your setup (i.e., what input devices you have, like MIDI) Reason 2 or ReCycle might work since you can sample from your own input devices. You can also get tonnes of sample packs.

http://www.propellerheads.se/

I have Reason and use it extensively. The problem is that I *could* mix the tracks together, but 1) getting the tempo right is VERY hard to do, not to mention the pitch, and 2) it doesn't have CD track markers, so I couldn't burn to a CD and expect it to burn seperate tracks off.

Peak has some interesting features, unfortunately, it doesn't do any of them particularly well. I tried to speed a song up from 135 bpm to 138 bpm (not THAT much of a jump), but it just started cutting out the sound instead of squeezing the waveform together (but not altering pitch) like MixMeister does.

*sigh* I've GOT to figure out a way to do this.

Yeah actually I just started using Peak, and it's not really the greatest app in the world...but it does most of what I need (acoustic recording only)...

If you figure out a good way, post it here so we'll know how you did it. g'luck :cool:

Back