DMG Non mountable file system

clR3vv

Registered
Hey guys, i have an encrypted DMG with IMPORTANT info on it and i went to mount it and i got "No mountable file system" :\ can i fix this and save my data?

Yep i had this problem before and thought i had the right DMG but something is wrong, it only affects this one. im on 10.5, is there any way this can be fixed?

BTW, what Mac do you have and what OS X version? I ask because way back when my father had a Power Macintosh G5 running 10.2.x and when I upgraded him to 10.3.x, he was unable to open DMG files until I performed a firmware upgrade that was needed by the Power Mac G5. Once that firmware was applied, all the DMG files started opening properly. Weird, yes, but that did the trick.

im on a White Imac 10.5. Its just this one DMG i am hoping i can either fix the file system or something or maybe try opening it on another computer, because its on a flash drive (yes there is plenty of room on the flash drive) I did try draging it to the desktop but it never finished after 5seconds (its been at 5 seconds for a day now xD.

Sounds like something's wrong with the flash drive, then -- perhaps some filesystem corruption or something.

What happens if you "Verify" the flash drive with Disk Utility? What errors, if any, does it report?

Oh good idea..

Power Macintosh G4/500MHz "Yikes!" 10.4.11 Server
Lol that thing actualy runs?

Umm yes i did this and i got no errors but it didnt say it did good either, it just sayws verifying volume "myname" but there is no progress bar or anything, ill try to open DMG again, Its fixed for now :p thanks guys, i TOTALY didnt think of fixed the flash drive i thought it was the file, lol

Lol that thing actualy runs?
Yep, like a champ, too! I'd put it up against any of the Windows 2003 Advanced Servers here at work in terms of stability and reliability.

Of course, it's not blazing fast, but that was my main desktop machine until a year and a half ago (running CS2 apps and various web design programs) until it was replaced with the MacBook. Now it's a server, and one serious one at that!

It just goes to show that a faster computer doesn't make a person any better at what they do -- it's not going to make you more talented nor more knowledgeable, either. I could run circles around some of my work buddies and their G5s on that PCI-based Yikes! machine... ah, the good ol' days. :p

Speaking of which, I've got a G3-upgraded 7600 with 768MB of RAM here, too... I wonder if I could turn that into a QuickTime streaming server? :O

I have a similar question. I am running an OLD G4 with OSX 10.3.9 and I can not open DMG files. I get a message saying "The following disk images failed to mount: *.dmg REASON - No mountable file system. Is that because my OS/System is so old?

Back