DNS issues on corporate wireless network

Fahrvergnuugen

I am the law!
I have a static IP address (manual network config) on my company network. When I'm at my desk, plugged into the ethernet cable everything works fine.

Our network has a wireless extension as well - same subnet, same IPs, etc.

I setup a location for the wireless network in Tiger. I disabled all of the network ports except for airport. I manually configured the network settings using the SAME EXACT information that I used for my regular ethernet configuration. This includes the static IP address, subnet, router, and DNS servers.

When I connect to the wireless, I cannot resolve local hostnames. I can ping everything on our network by IP address - including the DNS servers, but I cannot resolve them by name. I can resolve external addresses though...

Any ideas? I really don't want to have to put all of the internal hostnames in my hosts file :(

The DNS server in a secure static environment the MAC (not a Mac) address+IP address are logged in the DNS server. The Airport card has a different MAC address than your Ethernet card. Get with the System Administrator and register the MAC address (associated with your Mac) of your Airport card.

Back