Do Apple still make this?

Convert

Tech
The pouches you used to get with your iPod, it was like a dark grey one, just a simple bag/pouch, thin material.

I'd like to buy one.

Any idea?

They made pouches _before_ the 5G iPod? I've bought a 2G and a 4G so far, and they never had pouches. The 5G iPod does come with one, but you can't buy them separately (and older iPods wouldn't fit in, anyway)...

i know the bag you're talking about - i still have mine that came with my ipod photo. its not really a pouch per se - more of draw-string bag.

apple never sold them as a stand-alone product - i used mine all the time until i bought some ipod socks in a moment of frivolity - and i never looked back.

the socks work just as well as the bag - a thin protective layer so you can still keep your ipod in your pocket and 'feel' for the buttons.

Hey, I forgot about that! I've been using the belt clip holster that my photo came with and completely forgot about that bag... it might be a little more protective than the belt clip holster, though, as that thing seems to scratch it up pretty good (it's an iPod, though, not a work of art -- it's meant to be used and meant to get scratched up!).

fryke said:
They made pouches _before_ the 5G iPod? I've bought a 2G and a 4G so far, and they never had pouches. The 5G iPod does come with one, but you can't buy them separately (and older iPods wouldn't fit in, anyway)...

It came with my iPod Photo 40GB, before they dropped the price (and many accessories).

parb.johal@ante said:
i know the bag you're talking about - i still have mine that came with my ipod photo. its not really a pouch per se - more of draw-string bag.

apple never sold them as a stand-alone product - i used mine all the time until i bought some ipod socks in a moment of frivolity - and i never looked back.

the socks work just as well as the bag - a thin protective layer so you can still keep your ipod in your pocket and 'feel' for the buttons.

So they're good? I may have to buy some.

ElDiabloConCaca said:
Hey, I forgot about that! I've been using the belt clip holster that my photo came with and completely forgot about that bag... it might be a little more protective than the belt clip holster, though, as that thing seems to scratch it up pretty good (it's an iPod, though, not a work of art -- it's meant to be used and meant to get scratched up!).

Apple replaced my iPod when I sent it off for repair, so I took no chances and brought an iSkin case.

Don't buy one. The screen protector scratches the screen...

to fryke, i got a 40gb click wheel last september, and i got a bag...

it was a shitty little thin, paper/fabriccy sort of material bag with a draw string and an embossed apple logo.

Lt Major Burns said:
to fryke, i got a 40gb click wheel last september, and i got a bag...

it was a shitty little thin, paper/fabriccy sort of material bag with a draw string and an embossed apple logo.

If you don't want it you can always send it my way. :p

Hm. I'm not sure my 40 GB 4G iPod (non-photo, btw.) had this. But then, I wouldn't use it, anyway. I don't mind it getting a couple of scratches over time.

tbh, i've never used it, either. to Convert, it's actually probably at my parents house. if i do find it, however, i'll pm you and i'll send it to you. probably.

yep - i think the socks are a pretty decent product (although pricey for what they are).

i keep my 40gb ipod photo in the pocket of my jeans when i'm out and about - so space in my pocket is a premium - i cant have a huge 'hard' case as there'll be a huge bulge in my pocket.

the socks provide a thin layer of soft protection - which basically means thats you can still use the buttons through your jeans (but not the scroll wheel to 'scroll' - you can pause / skip etc) and it has protection against scratches etc - which i think is better then the 'bag' as the socks hug the ipod better. plus you get 5 in a box!

*that must be the strangest and most double entendre filled post i've ever made*

I have the gray bag from the original 2G iPod. I actually carry it with my iPod at all times so I can use it to keep my gym membership card and dollar for the towel with me (can't go to the gym w/o the iPod). After 3 years it has taken some crazy abuse and I've scotch taped it multiple times, but it may just be time for a sock. Too bad I can't sew - my grandmother used to make small pouch bags and could have made a sweet one for my iPod. What's the case like for the new vide iPod - tha's what I'm getting next.

fryke said:

yes they did indeed. my 20 GB from early 2003 came with one. so did ipod mini if i recall correctly - at least i seem to have 2 of those.

and older ipods probably would fit it .. at least the mini runs big.

I still have the one that came with my 3G iPod. I thought it was sacrilege to put such an attractive device in that black sack thing, though, so never used it.

Similar to the iPod socks are the Foofpods (never seen one though), they make foofbags for PowerBooks and iBooks too.

Look quite nice, IMO.

Back