Dock not magnifying and Rollovers aren't working.

Greg_Reez

Registered
I have an extremely frustrating and sporadic problem. I have no idea what triggers it and I have no idea how to check.

Right now, whenever I roll my mouse over anything that should have an "action", it doesn't work. My dock doesn't magnify, menu rollovers on websites don't do anything, and my menu bar doesn't drop down or highlight when I roll my mouse over options. I have to hold my mouse button down, and then let it go when I want to click on something in my menu bar.

I plugged in a different mouse, same problem. I restarted my machine, same problem. This has happened several time before and the funny thing is things all of a sudden return to normal. What's the deal?

Got any of the options in "Universal Access" turned on -- perhaps sticky keys or something?

Does this happen in other user accounts? You can create a new user account to test this out.

Sticky keys are off and I logged in as another user and I still have the same problem. I couldn't find much about it by searching around the internet.

If anyone is experiencing a problem where the Mac OS X Dock's magnification works, but would show a "frozen" magnification while doing a rollover (in other words you won't see the usual "magnifying wave effect" when doing a rollover on the dock moving the mouse from one application's icon to another), then try this:

Go to your System Preferences>Universal Access> and uncheck the option that reads "Enable access for assistive devices". While unplugging the logitech mouse did nothing, this worked for me and I hope it will for you too.

Cheers! :D

PS: now if I could only find out why Safari 5.0.5 with multiple tabs (10-ish) slows down to a crawl, that'd be nice too ;P

Back