does...? mobile trouble (Nokia 6021, iSync)

emvogia

Registered
anyone knows how to install my NOKIA 6021 in order to work properly with my iSync? I got a MAC OS X system 10.4.5 and the newest iSync s well! But I want to syncronise my contacts on the phone with the adress book!

Thanx in advance!!

The "Nokia 6021" is not compatible with iSync:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/isync/devices.html

Best to check the compatibility of a product before assuming it will work with your operating system. There may be hacks out there to make the 6021 work with iSync (I know there are hacks for certain unsupported Motorola phones), but I cannot find any hacks specific to the 6021 to get it to work with iSync.

Fryke has used hacks to get his nokia communicator to work with iSync i think. it's in his signature. find one of his posts.

or i can post here. ;) ... The 6021, AFAIK, is a Series 40 phone. No chance to get it to work with iSync. (Only Nokia's Series 60 and Series 80 phones currently work.) You can use mobical.net to synch, maybe, but that'd involve being online with your mobile phone, so that costs money, probably. (And it's not direct. You'll have to import/reimport/synch your files manually when you want iSync and mobical.net to be synched...)

Sorry to revive an older post. But the Nokia 6021 is on the "iSync compatible devices" list on the Apple website !? Does that mean it is now compatible, or have they made a mistake ?

I was thinking of getting one of these phones, but if it's not compatible, then I'd rather go for a SonyEricsson z520i or a Siemens CX75.

I now bought an 6310i Nokia phone.. ! I finally found it.. How to synchronise this one with my mac? It has mostly a proffesional profile as a mobile so, there has to ba a way on how to synchronise with isynch!
If not how can I import excel data to address book?

Thank you for your precious help mate!
Cheers again!

They added some Series 40 phones in recent months, so that changed. Basically, it's either supported or not - directly by iSync. If it's _not_ supported (see the iSync devices list linked to above), but you know it's a phone very similar to one that _is_ supported, you can try to hack iSync into thinking it knows about your phone. I _thought_ the 6310i was supported out of the box at some point in time, but maybe they dropped the support for it? :/ Plus: There's no similar phone to the 6310i on the list, because that phone is older than the (later) Series 40 phones.

please give me as an outline, how to procceed on hacking iSync in order to recognise my phone?.. It is a kind of trick? or whatelse?

Back