Downloads window

peterthistle10

Registered
In OSX, if I right click a picture and choose "Save Image As..." I can download it to my desktop.

But a little window appears called "Downloads". It shows the name and location of all the files I have downloaded. Next to the downloaded file's name I can choose "open" or "remove".

I dont want this window to appear, so how can I turn it off?

that's the downloads window. i can't think of any reason why you would want to turn it off. you wouldn't be able to download files.

I must say, I often get angry when the Downloads window appears, too. I wish there was a way to make it more unobstrusive. In Safari's General preferences you can set some things about it, however not that the window should be automatically closed after a download finishes...

Yeah one thing is when the download finishes and launches it's finder window, don't try to close the download window then, because the safari page you were on will come up front, so then you have to navigate back to the finder to use what ever download etc... ;)

firefox works in the same way. i prefer it this way to the internet explorer way, which has no downloads manager.

To download an image file without the Downloads window opening, you can simply drag the image to the desktop (or wherever you like) instead of right-clicking and selecting "Save Image As..."

Back