Dragon Naturally Speaking 8 Preffered

If you can tell us a little more about your situation, we may be able to help. You're being too vague in your description and haven't provided nearly enough information for us to try and help you.

What version of VirtualPC are you running? What is the exact error message that appears when the installation fails, or, if there's no error message, what are the exact steps you're taking and results of those steps? Where exactly in the process is the install failing?

thank you for your response,
indeed i was a little vague its Microsoft virtual pc V.7 with windows XP professional with all updates, i install the program the dragon splash is viewed first then installation begins install shield wizard then windows installer preparing to install, after a few seconds a window Dragon NaturallySpeaking 8-windows installer window appears stating
InstallShield Wizard Completed

The wizard was interrupted before Dragon NaturallySpeaking 8 couldbe completely installed.

Your system has not been modified. To complete the installation at another time, please run setup again.

Click finish to exit the wizard.

I hope this helps, Cheers

I'm having the same problem with Virtual PC 7.0.2, Windows XP Home Edition, Dragon Naturally Speaking 8, Medical Version. Midway through installation, I get a splash screen saying the "Surgery.cab" for Surgery Cabinet is corrupt and cannot be installed. It then proceeds to uninstall the rest. I have tried this 3 times, with same results. I may *gasp* have to buy a PC laptop just to use this software. Unfortunately, there is no mac equivalent that even comes close to DNS.

Thanks for the reply Mac Cunuck. I do not want to by a pc for one application my husband has a pc and he does nothing but complain about windows inferiority to osx. there must be an alternative to the DNS issue. Keep me posted if you find any alternative solutions.

Back