Drawing People in Photoshop

Browni

Registered
People.

I spent a few days pondering what to do next, so i drew some wings, thinking about doing a angel. however how do you draw people in photoshop, or do i have to scan in a picture?

`Adam

For those interested here are the wings i did

Attachments

• wings.jpg
    wings.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 65
Photoshop isn't really primarily a drawing program, it's mostly for photo retouching. Something like Corel Draw or Illustrator offer better tools for freehand drawing and painting.

If you really want to draw freehand on your mac, you might also consider a Graphire tablet instead of a mouse.

I *do* like the wings - clearly you do have some talent. You might be able to do even greater stuff with some software better suited to the purpose.

Thanks very much, they took me a wile.I will have to dig out a try out of illstrator 10 since i don't have os9 on here.

thanks

adam

I use illustrator, then I go back and touch things up with illustrator to get either realism or the correct colorization.

Aw crap i cant find a copy of illustrator anywhere! I might buy an tablet. or 'acquire' one from college. ;)

Nice wings. If you can't or don't want to draw a person in there, try Google Image Search.

ive tried but i cant find anyone, i just want some one prefilby a woman, standing up right, so i can add stuff.

Any ideas?

ps nice tag mr___

lol, yea, I guess i need to start proof reading and stop being SpeedTyperX. PhotoShop was what i meant, if i find a few of my examples, well go through the DVD/CD archives, I'll post a few examples.

I have to disagree, Photoshop is not only for photo retouching (i rarely use it for that reason) if you want to do cartoons or anime/manga then illustrator is fine but if you want realism illustrator, corel and freehand are not a good choices the best you can do without falling into the reallity-fake of 3D is get a pencil and sheet of paper then do a sketch on it then you'll need a scanner then go to photoshop and add some colors textures and details to your draw... a tablet would help a lot though

IMHO the best way to learn this is working on a scanned picture.

Hair tut

Drawing people tut (really good)

that drawing tut is immense! but too advanced for me tho, i just want a blank body with a robe on mabey so i can add headdress etc i remmber somthing in creative arts magaizine some time with loads of stock images .

thanks adam

Photoshop can be used to draw people really well. I've actually drawn quite a few models in Photoshop using only a mouse! I just went about it as if I was drawing on paper with a pencil. Start with the frames and lines, add outlines, shapes, then move on from there. I use the pen tool on about size 2 or 3. If you want to play risky you can try it with the pen tool and then outline the created path, but that's scary (if you try it you'll see what I mean).

:)

I never said that Photoshop COULDN'T be used for freehand drawing. But I maintain that Adobe does not INTEND it to be primarily used for that purpose.

Corel & Illustrator, by contrast, ARE intended (and marketed) for that purpose, and offer more tools for that use.

Look on www.renderosity.com for renders of people. There are lots and lots of images there, so you're sure to find something you like. Just be sure to credit the artist if you produce this work commercially.

Painter 8 would work really well for this situation! But you might have to edit/add some effects in photoshop to make it look as good as those wings. ;)

Back