Dreamweaver MX 2004 wont start

rosshj

Registered
Hello,
Dreamweaver MX 2004 crashed yesterday and now it wont start up. When I double click the app to start it it just bounces once in the dock and then nothing happens.

I first tried restarting my computer, then deleting preferences, then reinstalling it, then reinstalling it again, and again, then the fix off Macromedia's site... still nothing.

I have not installed any new fonts recently that haven't work fine before, or anything else which would cause an issue.

If anyone could help me it would very much appriciated

I have a iBook G4 with 768 MB DDR Ram running Mac OS X 10.3.8

This may sound silly but have you tried rebooting your iBook? Also try moving the Configuration folder to another location so dreamweaver can create a fresh new one,
hope this helps,

Thank for your reply, but yes I have rebooted many times and tried both moving and deleting the configuration folder, still no luck.

hmmmmmmmmm

its strange, when I try and reinstall it it says it needs admin privilages, so I go into the admin/root login and install it from there and it still doesnt work. I dont get it, I think I have tried everything - I guess I need to do a complete system reinstall or something.

@#$*!

I am having the same problem. My Wife Mac (G4 - DP 1GHZ) no problems, but I cannot start, even after complete wipe of DW, FW, FLASH, and all preferences, and app support files and clean install.

I am on a G5 DP 2.5 ghz. Tiger upgrade was clean on my mac, on wife's, I did an upgrade.

If you have the serial number, then search for it's preference file and toss it out. That may help.

I would recommend repairing permissions if you are getting permission problems. I am going to be installing Tiger later today and I wanna make sure DW works.

Thanks ;)

I went through my entire HD finding any prefs, support, or config file for macromedia and trashed them. They were all over, in every place macromedia could put a support file, there was one. Then I rebooted, then I did a clean install, then it worked. I had tried repair permissions first. And I had thrown ALMOST all away and reinstalled before, but this last time, I left no stone unturned, and wiped em all.

I had this problem with Fireworks MX 2004 a week ago.. Worse still, I couldn't find my install CD for it.. anywho. I downloaded the 7.0.2 patch, ran it (it said no file found or something).. i deleted the prefs.. rebooted for something.. and it worked. not sure what was going on, but it seemed to happen after I put on the latest QT update.

To all concerned,

I am experiencing the same problems as diescribed.
Dreamweaver MX 2004 / Fireworks MX 2004 / Flash MX 2004 won't start up, and I cannot burn CDs - I get a message that an unknown error has occurred. Also, the whole system now appears to run extremely slow with 1 second hangs!

1.33GHz PowerPC G4, 768 MB DDR SDRAM, OS X 10.3.3.

I have re-installed Dreamweaver twice, run hard disk repair tools over the system (Techtool Pro, Disk Utility, one other I can't remember the name of), re-installed the OS X system (without totalling wiping the hard drive first).

I am about to do a fresh system installed by erasing the disk first which will then obviously mean re-installing all applications again too.

It appears that this problem began on Thursday 5th May after an auto-update. I think the updates were a security update and an iPod update. After reading this thread a QT update does ring a bell but I cannot be totally certain.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Adam

Yep. QT7.

I'm just trying to isolate what has caused this problem.
Have spent two days trying to fix the problem and I just did a complete system and application re-install which has fixed the problem but taken all OS X apps back to July 2004.

I now fear that when I do the Mac online update the same thing will occur (Macromedia Apps not running) because of a glitch in one of the OS X updates or Quicktime updates!?!

You and I are not the only ones so perhaps QT7 has caused a security or permissions issue with other applications and functions.

I would like to see what others have experienced - whether the problem started after an auto-update or something?

Best Regards,
Adam

Back