Drives dissapear in OS9

bombsxaway

Registered
I have two hard drives on my machine, a 40 and a 12 gig on my 400mhz g3 powermac. I have OS10.2.2 on the 40gig and OS9.2.2 on the 12. When I'm in X everything shows up great, I have absolutely no problems, when I boot into 9 ( I have a SCSI CD Burner and SCSI scanner that X doesn't support + Quark ) only the os9 drive shows up, the X drive is missing. To reboot back into X I have to select network drive as my startupdisk and when the machine reboots wait for it to not find a network drive and by default boot into X.

It's a real pain in the butt and I know someone on these boards has my solution. To the macosx community: thanks for all the help you guys provide. This is one of the best online communities I've seen. Keep it up guys....

- Squint

I'm betting you installed the 40GB and formatted it under OS X -- and there was a little checkbox you probably looked over, called "Install OS 9 drivers" which enable that drive to be seen under OS 9.

You can probably open up disk utility under OS X and check that box without having to reformat.

Originally posted by ElDiabloConCaca
You can probably open up disk utility under OS X and check that box without having to reformat.

Nope, you can't just check that box.

All fingers point to reformatting in order to add the OS 9 drivers. :mad:

Back