Dual boot G5?

Clave

Registered
I have a G5 1.8GHz running Panther on a 160GB HD. I also need to run Jaguar on a second drive (120GB) I have installed Jag and run all the updates to 10.2.8, but it won't boot from drive 2, any ideas?

(apologies if this has been covered before) :eek:

Nope, it's the same as the first one - Serial ATA.. Hmm, should have said it was internal - oops! :eek:

Did you run Disk Utility to verify and repair permissions on both drives?

Yes I did that. I have another related question: When I installed Jag 10.2, I went through each update in turn until I got to 10.2.8 G5, which would not install, so I used 10.2.8 standard update instead. So if 10.2.8 G5 update needs 10.2.7 - where is 10.2.7? I see no update with that number anywhere!

I just noticed something - There's no OS9 System folder or Applications folder in the new drive, I am suspicious that the install is wrong now. I'm gonna wipe and start again...

Come on what you guys alking, You cant install Jaguar on 1.8 macine it takes only Os x 10.2 or later

Ummm... Jaguar is 10.2.

You can't install any flavor of Jaguar on a PowerMac G5 other than the Jaguar it shipped with on the Restore Disks. In other words, you can't use a retail version of Jaguar to install on a G5.

If your G5 shipped with Jaguar on the restore CD/DVD, then you can install that version of Jaguar only. The G5s will accept 10.2.7 or later only, and the Jaguar that comes on the Restore Disks for the G5s are specially tailored for the G5 machines.

Back