Dual G5s bumpted to ship in 7 - 10 business days

Fahrvergnuugen

I am the law!
For the past 3 weeks, Apple has been quoting 3 - 5 weeks for ship quotes on the Dual G5s. Today it was reduced to 7 - 10 business days.

I however, am still on the 7 - 10 WEEK program :mad:
I ordered august 19th and apple is still telling me not to expect it before October 10th (even though there are people who ordered in the beginning of september and they ALREADY have their machines).

This has been the most painful wait ever.
Anybody else out there waiting?

Waiting... to save up the money... to buy a new computer!

Are you sure those people ordered the 2 Ghz models? I mean, the 1.6 and 1.8 Ghz models are out like, 2 weeks ago.

yes im sure.

the 1.8 and 1.6s were arriving at peoples houses august 29th & 30th.

In the latest ADC Newsletter, Apple added dual G5s to their test lab (there were only 1.6 and 1.8s before). looks like they've finally caught up...now wtf is my computer!!!!!!!!

Don't believe everything you see on Apple's site. I've been waiting since 6/23 for a dual G5. My latest OOB date is 10/29 after they missed 9/2 and 9/23 OOB dates. This despite the fact that countless machines have shipped with the same components I'm waiting for on mine that were ordered in August.

I walked into an Apple store yesterday that had 16 duals in stock. I called the online store to cancel my order but they would not accept a cancellation. I was told that I couldn't cancel my order until Monday.

This entire effort is in absolute chaos at Apple right now, and nobody will give you a straight answer about anything.

I ordered my Dual (250 gig harddrive, Superdrive, 9800, 512 RAM) on 9/1 and received it on 9/26.

I think the problem is a delay in the bluetooth motherboard components. It'll be well worth the wait.

There are bigger delays to everyone who didn't get the standard version of the G5 models....

If you modified your configuration, you going to quite sometime. We still don't know how there are such big delays, but it seems either Apple found a problem in the G5s or there in short supply.

Oh and when I ask for cancellation in my Dell order cause I made a mistake... They cancelled right away. :)

So much for apple quality control.

thats not true. there are tons of people who have received their dual g5s already. (there is no supply problem with the 1.6 and 1.8 models, there are stacks of them at my local compusa)

My Dual G5 w/BT/ 2x512MB/1-250GB HD/9800 ordered on 6/23 finally shipped yesterday on 09/30. After the absolute chaos of the last few weeks, I finally got somebody on the phone from Apple ADC who admitting without prompting the moment he got my order up on the screen that something was wrong.

He put me on hold for a couple of minutes and when he came back had a complete description of what happened and what the resolution would be. That was Monday of this week and the machine shipped the next day.

This experience made it clear that the problem i was having getting a straight answer was not lack of information availability but lazy reps. The data was clearly available if he could get it, they just didn't want to be bothered.

As a result this rep has a formal thank you email from me and a request for his managers name & email so a similar one can go there as well.

So, the moral of the story is, once it goes past the original OOB date at this point, don't let them get away with, we don't know; there are ways for them to find out what's going on and what is causing a delay. It just seems that most of them are too lazy to do it.

good to hear your machine is on its way. the ADC reps seem to be a lot more useful than the normal reps.

i called them today and he told me it won't be shipped in the next couple days but hopefully by week 7 of the order date it will ship (this is week 6).

i am so tired of waiting.

Did you guys ever get your G5s? Don't get mad at me if you haven't, but my stock dual 2.0 was just ordered today, and the estimated delivery date is Oct. 15th. Of course, it was a corporate order, so perhaps that has something to do with it.

...Which also means I'll have to pay for a Panther upgrade!

All I can say is, after all the promises I made to get this thing, it better be FAST! (Really, it'll have to be about 300% faster than the Dual 3ghz P4 Xeon to meet the expectations I set, so I think I'm pretty much screwed on that point. =) Seriously, though, I'm hoping expecting it to be 20-100% faster for the types of apps I'm running)

Originally posted by Fahrvergnuugen
For the past 3 weeks, Apple has been quoting 3 - 5 weeks for ship quotes on the Dual G5s. Today it was reduced to 7 - 10 business days.

I however, am still on the 7 - 10 WEEK program :mad:
I ordered august 19th and apple is still telling me not to expect it before October 10th (even though there are people who ordered in the beginning of september and they ALREADY have their machines).

This has been the most painful wait ever.
Anybody else out there waiting?

Hate to rub it in but I ordered my dual 2GHz G5 9-12-03 and received it 9-28-03. BUT... I ordered it through the education store - I've heard they're filling education and "big" orders first. - john.

Originally posted by donsullivan
Don't believe everything you see on Apple's site. I've been waiting since 6/23 for a dual G5. My latest OOB date is 10/29 after they missed 9/2 and 9/23 OOB dates. This despite the fact that countless machines have shipped with the same components I'm waiting for on mine that were ordered in August.

You could preorder on 6/23?

If so, that's just ridiculous, since people are getting them in 7 days now. That doesn't just sound like preferential shipments, that sounds like a screw-up.

its true though. I've read about plenty of september orders shipping out already. It really disturbs me to hear that 6/23 orders are still not in owner's hands.

Well, the order was placed on Wednesday, 10/8/03. It was here by 10/10/03! 48 hours! And unfortunately I was working from home that day. I just got into work to get it today!

Hopefully everyone here has already gotten their G5s, but I just wanted to share this in case some of you STILL haven't received yours.

Incidentally, it ended up being a "standard-config" system, and not a BTO with only the combo drive, like I asked. However, anyone that ordered theirs months ago and still haven't received it should be yelling and screaming! (Perhaps cancelling your earlier order and re-ordering would be faster =)

Rip

"For the past 3 weeks, Apple has been quoting 3 - 5 weeks for ship quotes on the Dual G5s. Today it was reduced to 7 - 10 business days."

you idiot its been 7-10 business days for a good while now, should have keep checking it sooner.

Back