Dual Monitor Support???

Well, I couldn't find a page on it, but I can explain a little bit:

VGA - Video Graphics Adaptor - one of the earliest mainstream forms of connecting a monitor to your computer. Found on most all computers, but slowly being replaced with DVI as flat panel monitors become cheaper and more accepted.

DVI - Digial Video Interface - introduced around the time that flat panel monitors were introduced. Carries a pure digital signal, unlike VGA which is analog, and provides crisp, clean images on monitors that support DVI, like flat panel monitors. Flat panel monitors that have a VGA adaptor have internal machinery that converts the analog signal to digital, reducing the quality of the picture. Flat panels with DVI interfaces can display a cleaner, crisper image than those that use VGA. There are two different kinds of DVI: DVI-I and DVI-D. DVI-D is a pure digital signal, while DVI-I I don't know much about. I assume that DVI-D would be a better purchase than a DVI-I.

ADC - Apple Display Connector - propretary to Apple displays. Carries both digital video signal and power eliminating the need for a separate power cable to power the monitor. Found only on Apple-supplied video cards and monitors, although many adaptors are out there that allow use of an Apple ADC display with either DVI or VGA video cards, and also to allow the use of DVI/VGA monitors with video cards that have ADC.

Those are all nutshell descriptions, so if I left something out, please feel free to correct me. I hope that helps!

Back