DVD Burning Problem

Sybelle

Registered
Hi,
I'm currently trying to burn a file onto disk. The problem I'm running into is that I cannot play the file from the disk. It stalls. However if I copy it to desk top it plays fine. Is this a disk error or does it have to do with the mac? I'm going to be sending it to future employers so I'd rather not inconvenience them this way. The type of disk Im using is a Fujifilm DVD-R with the capacity of 4.7gb. My file is 1.6gb.

Please help, Thanks.

What kind of file is it? VIDEO_TS? AVI? MPEG4? h.264?

Sounds like the stalling issue could be that your movie file's audio and/or video streams are encoded with a bitrate that exceeds the maximum transfer speed of your DVD drive. Is this a high-quality movie? What's the resolution of the movie and the audio and video bitrates?

Are you expecting them to be able to play the DVD in a set-top DVD player, or solely on the computer?

I rendered it out of Final Cut Pro with a Compression type as Animation, using quick time conversion. The quality was set to best, at 29.97 frames. And the size was NTSC 720 x 480 4:3. This is a re do of my current demo reel so the sound is already encoded in the video. I just had to redo the opening/ending, add a matte, etc.

Hi this is her husband, she's not having burn to disk issue, She wants the File to burn into a DVD playable format, and not a quick time file.

If anyone has experience doing that, or could point us to a tutorial that would be great.

ty

You (she) need to convert it from what sounds like some form of quicktime file you've exported from FCP to a Video_TS folder.

iDVD will do this, though I use Roxio Toast which will also do it (select UDF format I think) It will convert quicktime/avi etc to a Video_TS and burn it to the dvd for playback on a normal DVD player.

"the wife"
Thank you, I've been going nuts all day trying to figure out whats wrong and sometimes I'm not articulate enough to ask the right questions. :D

Back