DVD Player

MissyC

Registered
I'm currently using an MBox to connect some nice speakers to my mac.

I can play music through them using iTunes fine, and it's great, but.....the DVD player will only play through the internal speaker, i can't find a way of changing this?

Has anyone got any suggestions? I've already got the most uptodate core audio driver from digidesign for my MBox, so I'm at a loss! I should also add that quicktime plays movie files fine using my speakers too...

MissyC said:
I'm currently using an MBox to connect some nice speakers to my mac.

I can play music through them using iTunes fine, and it's great, but.....the DVD player will only play through the internal speaker, i can't find a way of changing this?

Has anyone got any suggestions? I've already got the most uptodate core audio driver from digidesign for my MBox, so I'm at a loss! I should also add that quicktime plays movie files fine using my speakers too...

I'm assuming you have Panther on your system, an older DVD player may or may not have these options.
Open DVD Player, then go to DVD Player menu, choose preferences, click on Disk Setup. You'll see an option called Audio Output. click on that drop down list. You Mbox may show up there (systems that have digital or Dolby options may have other selections also) Experiment a little, you should be able to do what you want there.

Back