DVD+R Blank Media? Will It...

mersyone

Registered
Just curious. I just bought a ton of blank DVD+Rs and come to find out that my Mac spits it right back out at me cuz I GUESS MAC only uses DVD-Rs

Is there a way around this? Like a downloadable driver or something.

It depends what equipment and software you are using. The apple software never used to support dvd+r, neither do many of the internal superdrives that ship with Macs, though i think the newest ones might.

On the other hand, i'm pretty sure that many external dvd burners will take dvd+r if you use Toast to burn them rather than the inbuilt apple software, and toast lite often seems to come free with external burners.

So, the answer may be no, but if you tell us what equipment and software you are using then we can tell for sure.

ora

The only way out is to return that ton of discs to the vendor. Or
feed the landfill if you can't.

And, depending on whether you'd like the discs to play on a
variety of players, the "-R" is more generally accepted.

drat! i think your right. I just looked online for updated drivers, ...adn no go.
It's a PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-105. Oh well, maybe they'll make one in the future.
They had one but it was only for PC.

All present selling Macs support both DVD-R, and DVD+R, and have supported both with new Macs since about a year back. Some Mac models more than 2 years old also support both. Prior to that, DVD+R was not directly supported through the Mac OS, except with third party solutions. The DVD-R vs. DVD+R is more to do with hardware than software.

Back