DVD R concerns

cianfich

Registered
I am not positive that I have a DVD writer, but for our purposes assume that I do. My problem is that everytime i insert a dvd, the computer (G4 powerbook, 15 inch) just spitz it right back out.

When you say DVD do you mean a blank DVD-R disk, a data DVD disk or a movie DVD disk? Or all three?

What model of PowerBook do you have? Does the OS give you any messages or warnings when the disk is rejected?

I'm also having this exact same problem - every time I insert a blank dvd-r the damn thing spits it straight back out after the drive trys to read it.

I have a 1Ghz model WITH the superdrive. It used to work fine, but has since started doing this... it could be an issue with Tiger maybe...? OSX is 10.4.1.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks. ::alien::

Try resetting the PRAM by holding down Command-Option-P-R while you start up. Keep those keys down until it reboots 3 times. See if that helps. Some people report this helping with unrecognized/unusable Apple-supplied Superdrives after upgrading to Tiger.

Ah, dammit - that didn't work. :(

I actually thought for sure that would work... :D Damn!

I'll have to keep looking in apple's tech database... :D

Thanks for the help.

I'll check back here to see if anyone else has a suggestion too... :D

Reset Open Firmware.
Reboot your computer while holding down Command-Option-O-F. At the prompt, type
reset-nvram and hit the Return key, then type
reset-all and hit the Return key again. Your computer will reboot.

Hello,
What are does your systempreferences say what is should do when a blank DVD is inserted? See Systempreferences > CD & DVD.

Back