DVD Roms wont Mount

yomark

Registered
Not sure if this is a hardware or software problem. I've read through all the other posts I could find that seem to apply, but cannot find any help for this problem:

Self-burned DVD Roms wont Mount. These are DVD roms that I burned on the same MAC, same drive, using the native software. They HAVE mounted in the past. CDs and CD roms mount. Movie DVDs mount. Movie DVDs burned by my friend mount. The MAC Mini Install disc mounts. It even mounts my DVD Head cleaner. It ejects blank dvd roms (same as my burned discs): Memorex DVD-R 16X, 4.7GB.

Help! All my archived files are on those disks. I haven't tried them on someone else's drive yet.

My system specs are:
Mac Mini
1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo
512 MB DDR2 SDRAM
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
OSX 10.4.7

Disc Burner Specs:
MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-846:
Firmware Revision: FM3J. Interconnect: ATAPI. Burn Support: Yes (Apple Shipped/Supported). Cache: 2048 KB. Reads DVD: Yes. CD-Write: -R, -RW. DVD-Write: -R, -RW, +R, +RW, +R DL. Burn Underrun Protection CD: Yes. Burn Underrun Protection DVD: Yes. Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, DVD-DAO. Media: No

That makes you afraid?

Yeah. Best-case scenario: I can read my disks on another machine, but then there's something wrong with my drive. Meanwhile, I can't save off any of my remaining files, 'cause I don't have any other medium besides the dvd roms. Possibly could upload files here and there, but my connection is dial-up, and some of my graphics files are in excess of 100Mb. So you can begin to see what makes me afraid.

USB drives are dirt cheap and come in pretty large sizes these days. Or you could go external HD.

I suppose I'll have to look into the USB drives after Christmas. I hadn't heard that external drives were as cheap. And by USB drives, I assume you mean flash drives (those little cigarette lighter-sized things)?

Back