Dvd-rw

Solaris

Official something...
I notice hp have a dvd-rw drive on the market. When are the Mac's going to include such a thing.

Apple have always been on the bleeding edge ( firsts with usb, firewire, 802.11b, 1000BaseT, the list goes on ), so whene do you guys think we'll see dvd-rw Mac's??

Correct me if I am wrong,
but the last time I read something about DVD-R, DVD-RW and so on technologies they were all in a state of flux. There was no standard. I think that Apple's Superdrive is actually the first (or one of the first) DVDs to be compatible with Home DVD players.

Many different companies make DVD-Rs and RWs but each one of them has a different standard/format/capacity.

has anyone got an update on this matter ?

Superdrives can write the DVD-RW's that are on that "general" standard or whatever

only one company so far makes them and i forget whom

I know that teh superdrive cant do DVD-RW but its DVD-R CAN be played on commercial home DVD systems ;)

According to xlr8.com and other posts the superdrive can do DVD-RW but Apple doesn't officially support it. I think they are concerned that it may be a temporary format and don't want to be stuck supporting it for a long time. However, people say they can read and write them with the standard OS and others say they use Toast.

I have a superdrive but haven't gotten around to trying this yet.

AdmiralAK, I hereby invite you to come to my place, see me burn a DVD-RW, erase it, and burn another DVD-RW onto the same DVD-RW disc...believe me, it works ;)

The Pioneer (aka Superdrive) is a DVD-RW, Toast even shows it as a DVD-RW)...Apple just didn't mark it as one since there is no standard for DVD-RW till now...

To come all the way to germany just for a DVD-RW ? :p
Naaaahhh ;) If you have any nice girls to introduce me to then I am game:rolleyes: Perhaps a museum or two and some nightclubbing and I am definatelly in :p

Hmm...nearly...I have a nice girlfriend I could introduce you to (nothing more, nothing less than introducing ;) and my house comes close to a museum...11 showcases full of Warhammer, Warhammer 40K, Five Star Stories, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Neon Genesis Evangelion.....and we have a rather good beer over here ;)

But I agree, switching countries to see a DVD-RW beeing erased is maybe a bit on the crazy side ;)

LOL ;)
Maybe I can get Steve to lend me his Lear Jet :p
Perhaps I could get a chance to practice my german too ;)

sorry, but I haven't found any Diablo models yet. I own some Starcraft action figures somewhere in the action figures showcase, but I'm not a fan of them. There are also some Quake 2 action figures...I prefer the cold cast or resin cast kits where I have to spend days of preparing, sanding and painting before I can place them in the showcase ;)

Back