DVI to VGA Adapter Screws

MMak

Registered
I made sure the adapter is plugged way in, but I can't tighten the screws to the Powerbook. Is it just me? I looked at the pins on the adapter and there's 1 pin that seems to be shorter than the others, will this be the cause? Geez...it's only the first time I've tried using the adapter and it's a little over a month over the warranty period... Same as my firewire port, it seems to be having some problems too:
http://www.macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45695

Can I do anything about these two issues with my Powerbook? Or I have to send it in to Apple for repair?

Sure, take your powerbook to someone who can check your ports (like an Apple store or other service provider) The video adapter may have a pushed pin (or may be normal - DOES IT WORK?) and a service provider should be able to try different FireWire devices on your system.
Personally, I get nervous with 'unusual' noises on a computer. Show your powerbook to someone who knows how to determine what's normal, and what's not normal.

Thanks for the advice! Yes, the DVI to VGA adapter works. I can get one screw to tighten, but then the adapter will be slanted and the other side pops out. I tried to push the adapter in as far as I could to tighten both screws but it seems like the screws are too short to "reach" the screw holes...I don't know if it's the adapter itself or the port.

So I can bring my computer to the nearest Apple retail store and they can help me check it out? Or does it need to be a Apple repair shop?

MMak said:
So I can bring my computer to the nearest Apple retail store and they can help me check it out? Or does it need to be a Apple repair shop?

Yes to both questions! Take your powerbook and adapters to someone who knows what they're looking at.

Back