e-mac 600x800 screen

toymotor

Registered
My son has an e-mac and when i did a re install for him his screen went to a rather small 800x600 and no other resolutions are listed in in the display settings, tried the usuall ram reseat and reinstalled 3 times reset the pram and hardware test all nothing and still this small screen in the left of th screen any ideas or similar problems its 17" 1.? ghz single power pc processor fairly new 2003-6
evreything works just no other resolutions in the preferences system display box?? done a reart with the double bong but still small 600x800 or 800x600.?

Sounds like you reinstalled from the wrong installer version. What type of disk did you use, and what type of Mac was listed on the label of the installer DVD? It will also tell you what OS X version is installed by that disk.

What version of Mac OS X did you install?

If you can naviate to the System Preferences, download any Mac OS X updates that are available.

There was an issue with some eMacs and I think 10.4 (or 10.3?) when the resolution was very low until a specific update was added later. The specific drivers to support the native resolutions of the specific eMacs were added in an update somewhere along the line, so if you can get the software updates that could - and should - resolve the resolution issues.

If the resolution does not permit you to get to System Preferences or to run software update application, you can also run the updates in Terminal. man softwareupdate gives you the syntax, and you'll want to run softwareupdate with sudo.

Back