E-mail Migration (Outlook to Apple mail)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peckham

Registered
I have switched back to apple mail coz outlook 2011 was giving problems (hanging up and slow processing).
Apple mail works very much fine and I have used it before too.

The only problem is I am not able to transfer or you can say move the emails from outlook 2011 to apple mail.
The import function seems not to recognize outlook 2011 and is not present in options.
Moving through imap is a hard work, if moving thousands of emails and mail folder hierarchy is also disturbed while treating each folder particularly.

So is there any other way around to do this job?

Drag a mailbox from Outlook to the desktop, it should turn into an .mbox file, import that into Mail

The method of dragging the mailbox from Outlook to desktop then importing to Mail worked for some mailboxes but did not for some. Not worked meaning the email content in the mailbox were scrambled and was not legible...

Is there a way to convert .olm file exported using Outlook's export feature to .mbox file format?

Thank you.

If the mailboxes are large, especially if sub mailboxes are included that can beth result.

What type of email account is this, POP or Imap?

It's POP.

I've also noticed that dragging the mailbox from outlook to desktop does not copy over sub-directories...

PST is a common file format of MS Outlook for Windows. It is not supported by apple mail or any other email clients. If you are looking to access your MS Outlook database to Thunderbird or any other email clients, then you need a MAC PST to MBOX Converter for this Conversion. This tool helps to export all your data in pst format.
you can easily install this app in your Mac. Try free demo version of this tool to know about its working, after assurance you can go for paid one, which has many advanced features.
For more detais :- http://www.toolscrunch.com/mac-pst-to-mbox-converter.html

I am pretty sure the original poster has solved his problem since he posted this 5 years ago !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back