earth icon istead of apple logo

zoranb

Registered
when booting in "snow L" there are sometimes that i get an earth icon instaed of the apple logo icon, what is that for?

In your System Preferences, under "Startup Disk", you have selected "Network boot" or "Netboot."

Simply click to highlight your hard drive in that preference pane and your computer shouldn't do that upon reboot anymore.

but this doesn't happen all the time, since i have my mac (9months) it has happened 3-4 times, thats why it makes me wonder, its not a constant issue, can there be something wrong with my HD?

Would those 3 or 4 times coincide with some power-related event, like a storm or accidentally pulling the plug, or perhaps having to hard-restart the computer after a kernel panic or something?

Tracking down issues that happen exactly once, or happen only sporadically less than a handful of times per year can be extremely difficult. It's tough to say precisely what caused each of those independent events, and it's even tougher to say what you can do to prevent future episodes.

Unless it happens regularly, or is a reproducible error, I think trying to find out what caused it is a losing proposition. Wait until it happens again, then try and associate like events common between occurrences. That's about all you can do.

Oh, and Google.

Good luck!

thanx, but let me ask isnt there a way to track down the events that happen on my mac? through console perhaps?

Back