Edit MP4, MPG, AVI, VOB in MAC OS X, FREE?

magind

Registered
Please tell me theres some free software to edit my films. I need to do some VERY simple things. Thanks!

Marc

You can import avi's to iMovie, and I think the other formats as well: (fryke's edit: link removed, obviously wrong thing in clipboard, led to hp printer drivers)

You also never stated what you consider "VERY simple things". Maybe iMovie is, maybe it isn't the right tool...

You'd probably need to convert the more obscure formats with a different programs; those are easier to get 'free' or 'shareware'. However, editing can be done with iMovie.

The fact that you've posted on other sites doesn't change the fact you need to perform two operations, not just one, and the entire process may not be completely free.

No. Quicktime is free, but you have to upgrade to Quicktime Pro which is about $35. Pretty cheap, yes?

I tried that one. It seems to need more componenets. When I first launch it, it has 4 different things and asks me to point to where they are then asks for Terminal.app.

I know Im not a mac genius, but I'm pretty proficient with computers, but this is just crushing me!

See, this is why I didn't want to "Switch" in the first place, even on a site with 100,000 mac elitist, not ONE posted software to help.

On a pc, there is literally DOZENS of shareware options right off the bat.

*sigh*, I guess its time for eBay for this pretty 2,000 dollar door stop.

movie convertions are hard in order to make sure you aren't stealing movies. that and just about every movie format is owned by someone, and they all want their pay for makeing the format, hence why the simple converters cost money. sounds like its time to find an app that will do the convertions that you want, then finding odd jobs to earn the money to buy it.

I tried that one. It seems to need more componenets. When I first launch it, it has 4 different things and asks me to point to where they are then asks for Terminal.app.

I know Im not a mac genius, but I'm pretty proficient with computers, but this is just crushing me!

If you were proficient with computers, you'd know to stop and read the contextual menu that drops down when it asks for those components. The links to download them are right there.

:D :D :D :D :D :)

Back