Eject button on menu bar

lotw

Registered
Hi all,

I want to add an eject button up by my clock and I did it once before via a tip in the August '03 issue of Macworld under OSX tips and tricks. I have lost that issue and forgot how to do this. Could somebody tell me how this is done or, if someone has that issue handy look it up for me and post the steps to accomplish this, I would be forever thankful :p

Thanks,
lotw

Open the following folders:
/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/

in order to find and double click the:
Eject.menu

;)

In order to remove it just hold Command(Apple)+mouse click and drag it out of the top menu :D

Enjoy!

Well the only reason I wanted that is because I'm tired of the Mac keyboard, and the one I'm using does not have an eject button. But, as I later found out, my Keyboard ( Logitech Internet Navigation Keyboard) is Mac compatible and the F12 key actually ejects the drive on my Mac. So I didn't actually have to use the eject button on the desktop.

Later, lotw

You may not need the Eject menu option, but you can do this with any menu item. If you accidentally remove something from the menu bar, you can simply double-click it (follow Hulk's path) and it will reappear. So the menu item itself may be useless, but the technique isn't.

The menu is really handy if you have 2 internal drives. The eject button opens the primary only. I realize that option eject will open the second drive. Sometimes I just like to use the menu.

Back