Embedded pdf in Word 2008

mala

Registered
Hi,

I've recieved a Word document with an embedded Adobe pdf file in it.
When I try to open the embedded pdf I get the message that it can't find the server application for AcroExch.Document.7-object. What does this mean?
I have Adobe Reader 9 installed.

If I try the same procedure on a PC running XP it opens fine. What can be the issue here?

/Mans

Microsoft never ported OLE to the Mac. On the Mac, PDFs are embedded in documents just like any other graphic. Questions:
  • Is your Word file a working document or are you using it strictly as a PDF delivery vehicle?
  • Will the sender give you the standalone PDF?

Hi,

don't know if I fully understand your questions but I'll try to answer.

# is your Word file a working document or are you using it strictly as a PDF delivery vehicle?

Don't really know what you mean by "working document" but It's a document with graphics and text I can edit as I like. One part of it contains this pdf file.

# Will the sender give you the standalone PDF?
Probably if I asked for it, but I'd rather not. Why is this important to this issue of mine?

Thanks...

/Mans

Why is this important to this issue of mine?
Probably because the prognosis doesn't look good. OLE was never ported to the Mac Office suite as MisterMe said, and, therefore, embedded PDFs (among other embedded file formats) that use OLE will never work on your Mac.

It's not a limitation of the Mac platform -- it's a limitation of the Microsoft Office suite on Mac OS X.

Back