Emptying Cache for Adobe Flash Player

Isaac717

Registered
I just dreamt it; but I could have sworn that somewhere I was told about a program to get rid of cache in Adobe Player. I'm I losing it? I have been thorough all my previous to no avail.
Thanking you ahead in this matter,
Isaac717

Assuming you have a recent flash player version for intel Mac (I think after version 10.2 something), then you have a System Preferences pane for Flash Player. Click on the Advanced tab, then the top item is Delete browser data and settings.
That would do it...
Older Flash Player versions, go into your own user folder, then Library, then Preferences. You can delete the contents of the Macromedia folder. That should do what you need, too.

And, your Flash Player will be somewhat less responsive until the cache files rebuild again. It's sort of counter-productive to delete those cache files, if you already know you have a very slow connection....
As with other cache operations, the cache files are (in theory, at least) designed to help speed up response, particularly on slow internet connection.

Last edited:
Flush is a must-have, sweet little app! Run it once a month and it keeps your computer running in top shape, free of those pesky Flash cookies. It's very easy and there's no need to go into any of your folders to do it. Simply launch the app and click the "Flush" button. Done!

You can download it here from a trustworthy source: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/32994/flush

Thank you so much for the URL. It is appreciated.
Just remember my creed: "If you are going to have fun; just do not get caught at it."

Does someone have another link for Flush. I have tried the link provided 5 times to no avail. The download does not start when I click on "Download now" at "http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/32994/flush".
Thanking you ahead in this matter,
Isaac717

Well, yes, the MacUpdate page exists, but -
try the download link, or
try to connect to developer's site.

you get nothing, except a site domain availability page.
Which, in my recent experience, means "gone"

DeltaMac is right. All I got was the domain availability page. I even did a search for "Download Flush for Mac 10.6.8" all I that was on the search page was re:"Abode Flash Player" nothing even related to "Flush".

Sorry, I didn't try to download it. If you really want it, I have it. I'll email it to anyone that sends me a PM. It's only 266 KB unstuffed.

Back