Encore/st G4 2mb L3

pcoq305

Registered
I am trying to install an encore/st g4 2mb L3 but my computer will not boot. I am running Tiger os X 10.4 on a saw tooth AGP dual 500 mhz 1gig of ram new battery. I've downloaded all the latest software from Sonnet with no success. I not sure if sonnet software is doing the job mean overriding the system software. If any has a similar problem or has a clue I all ears.

Pierre

Sorry for not answering sooner I wasnt sure anyone was going to respond. However, I have new problem after reinstalling original processor. Also I ran techtools, norton, and a clean install I did get the processor to work for brief moment. I've updated the firmware 4.2.8 and remove all other third party upgrades. When I tried to intall ilife 05 it it would not install, so I restarted the computer. Now all I get is the spinging startup icon on a blue screen.

From what I understand, it's always a good idea to reset the CUDA/PMU motherboard switch when switching processors... did you do this before installing the upgrade, and again after switching back to the original processor?

If not, it may be something to try. Press the CUDA/PMU switch once and only once, and keep it held down for about one second. Do not press it again, as it could potentially fry the PMU itself, rendering your computer useless.

After reinstalling original hardware I started up the machine with Techtools Pro. I ran each test individually and my problem was a bad ram module once I removed it all is well. Thanks for the assist

Pierre

Back