Entourage and Hotmail....

chopperT

Registered
Morning all!

Maybe it's just me being hopeless..... but I can't seem to set up access to my Hotmail account through Entouage.

I use the wizard and then get the butterfly in my Folders View.

Then if I try and Send and Receive I get the grey box saying.....

"The Hotmail folder could not be received"
"A connection failure has occured"

Anyone?????

The answer, I thought, was Microsoft removing the support from Hotmail, basically, as they want you to login through the website and see the ads. I'm not sure, but I thought reading about this a while ago.

Also: There are several updates available for MS Office v.X that take care of problems with Hotmail and Entourage. Are you using the newest version of MS Office with all patches applied? (See http://www.microsoft.com/mac for the downloads...)

I didn't think Hotmail ever allowed you to access it with another email client. Maybe it's just me being dense? :)

I use OS X's mail app to get my msn.com mail. There are a number of little hacks that will allow this. Check versiontracker.com

Later,
Eddie

Natobasso said:
I didn't think Hotmail ever allowed you to access it with another email client. Maybe it's just me being dense? :)

Well, Entourage is the only email client that supports Hotmail, and when I used it under 10.1, it worked great! I could send and receive emails and view folders from Hotmail all from within Entourage. It was great. I do remember, along the line somewhere, that Microsoft released a required update to the Office X suite (or maybe it was just Entourage) because they changed the way Hotmail handles log ins like that, and you would lose Hotmail functionality in Entourage if you didn't install the update.

no problems for me, I have Entourage 10.1.1

I just checked my Hotmail to see, i have it set to check for mail every Saturday, since it's just a back-up account and I don't even use it.

Never used to work for me, but just did all the available Office updates (to 10.1.5, though Entourage only goes to 10.1.4) and now it work fine.
Thats with software and hardware firewalls and a router as well.

Is great for me, cos i kept Explorer in my dock just to check my hotmail (never seemd to work in safari, i couldn't click on the Mail tab), but now, 'poof' and its gone. :D

Well odd-me-dod!

I've got Office 10.1.5 and, thus, Entourage 10.1.4 but still no joy.

Anyone got a magic wand?

I've just deleted the account and tried to create the account manually, rather than using the [stupid] wizard, with still no joy.

There're no settings I need to change at the Hotmail end are there?

Cheers,

Confused of Nottingham ;)

Back