Entourage database not accessable.

scotlovesmacs

Registered
Using Entourage X v.10.0.0, the database file hit the 2gb limit without warning again. Entourage returns message "unable to access data, rebuild database" Rebuild fails with error code -40, write error. Ran Cocktail to clean caches and repair permissions, etc. Rebuild still fails. Downloaded Office X upgrade to go to end of life v.10.1.9. It asks for cd key code, which I do not have. Uninstalled upgrade and reverted to back up version of Office X v.10.0.0. Still can't open database to slim it down because it's inaccessible at the 2gb size. It's odd that it got so big again because I removed and archived everything prior to Oct 2010 as recently as Jan 27, 2011. Please help. Thanks in advance. Scot.

PS Checked the forums for an answer prior to tech support request, and couldn't find any thread with the work around for this issue. Thanks again.

Hi

I would move the Entourage DB file to the desktop. The start Entourage and let it create a new one. Then try to import the one from desktop. It should only import the relevant items, hopefully not the deleted one still resident in that DB.

If that does not work, you may need to upgrade to a later version to work around that 2GB limit.

Hold down the 'option' key while launching Entourage. The will give you a choice to rebuild (archive older emails and clean things up) the database. This might help.

Back