Entourage email archiving on MAC 10.5--help!

robertyumd

Registered
I am seeking some help on how to archive emails from Entourage on a MAC 10.5 computer.
Your help or referral to the right tech forum will be very much appreciated.

Here is my situation:
I have a MAC OS X 10.5 user, who is using Microsoft Entourage as the email client and our email server is Microsoft Exchange 2003. Recently I joined the company and found that one mailbox of this user is 8GB on the Exchange server, and this mailbox has 2 GB of emails archived on a local folder of the MAC, and another mailbox is about 1 GB on the Exchange server. These 2 mailboxes are configured on this same Entourage, and it shows 2 separate mailboxes when Entourage was opened. I purchase EagleFiler about 1 week ago, planning to archive the emails.

Now the problems/questions are:
Recently, the Entourage database got corrupted before I use EagleFiler to archive emails. And when I tried to rebuild the database in Entourage it says “ An error occurred while attempting to rebuild your database “ ( the attached pic shows the error when I tried to rebuild the Entourage database ). How do I get Entourage to work as the email client for Exchange? Is there a way that I can retrieve the 2 GB of emails archived on a local folder of the MAC ( since those emails are not on the Exchange server )?

How do I use EagleFiler to archive those emails so that I can make the mailbox on the Exchange server to be less than 0.5 GB from the current 8GB of Exchange mailbox, and also to make the Entourage database on the MAC to be less than 0.5 GB ( I think that the large Entourage mailbox, more than 8GB, caused the corruption of the Entourage database )?

Your help or referral to the right tech forum will be very much appreciated.

Robert

Attachments

• MAC Entourage error.png
    MAC Entourage error.png
    614.9 KB · Views: 3
Satcomer, thank you for your input.

I meant that I joined the company as an employee.

For the Entourage 2008 on MAC OS X 10.5, the settings did not change.
I think the reason that the Entourage database got corrupted is that the Entourage database is too large ( Entourage has 2 mailboxes configured. 1 Exchange mailbox is about 8GB, and the second Exchange mailbox is about 1 GB, and 2GB of emails are archived in a local folder on the MAC computer ).

Now when I tried to rebuild the Entourage database, it shows error. In this case, how do I do it if I just want to configure a new profile as in Outlook, and open the new profile?

Now Entourage database is corrupted, and is there a way for me to configure a new Entourage database on the same Entourage 2008 MAC OS X 10.5 computer to pull mailbox content ( emails, contacts, calendar... ) from Exchange server? On the Exchange server, this mailbox is about 8GB.

If I can retrieve the 2 GB local archived emails, that will be the best.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Robert

Back