Entourage Help Please Simple Question

macosxdaddy

Registered
How do i remove the list of email address (or export) that appear when I press any letter.

Eg When I press a in the address to I get all the contact I have sent to ( i am not concerned with the ones in my contact/address book)

If I email anyone the email address goes somewhere as I can come back later and type that person contact name and it comes up automatically. (what happens if you mistype the address with that email always come up)

Is there a file that I can edit??

Regards

Ben

Thanks in advanced

try this for me please

start a new email and press the letter A in the To: section

I get 10 odd name all starting with A (either first name or surname)

how do i edit this list or delete this list

Ben, I did as you asked, and I was presented with a list of every person in my mailbox whose name began with the letter. I I had not unclicked that box, those name would hane been there as well as anybody elese I had replied to.

Joe

You can't edit the list directly. Entourage stores a cache of and remembers names and email addresses from every email that you've either sent out or received or from your contacts list in Entourage. This is where your names are coming from.

If you go under "Mail & News Preferences" and then click the "Compose" tab, you'll see that the very last checkbox on the pane allows you to turn this list on or off... it's entitled, "Display a list of recently used addresses when addressing messages". If it's checked, you'll see a list of names pop up when you start typing something in the "To:" field. If you un-check it, that list of names won't automatically appear.

The only kind of editing you can do to this list is clear it completely, by clicking the "Clear List" button under the checkbox. You can't add or subtract names from this list one by one.

Back