Entourage No Sound, seems cached

cmarchman

Registered
I have Entourage 2008 running on a MacBook Pro with Lion. I've noticed that sometimes the Entourage alert sounds stop and the only way to bring them back was to reboot the laptop. Until I plugged in my headset to join a Webex and started getting all of the backed up sounds coming through. Once it caught up it functioned normally for a while and then stopped the sounds again. I plugged the headset in and the sounds came through and stopped once they caught up again.

Any ideas would be very helpful.

Try to Reset Your PRAM to see if that helps. Don't worry doing this won't harm any of your applications or OS X. It just resets a chip that holds certain settings on the logic board. This helps reset some audio quirkiness.

Also I don't use Entourage anymore but in the past I could hold down the 'option' key while clicking opening Entourage 2004 and choosing to 'rebuild the database'. See if you can still do this to see if it helps.

After resetting the PRAM, it worked for a bit, however, it was the same result as if I had simply rebooted the unit. It appears that if I plug in the headset, it will clear out all of the cached sounds and then I can unplug the headset and it will work properly, for a time. I've had this MacBook Pro for a year and this has just started within the last month or so.

Dos anyone know how I can tell when and what the latest update to Entourage took place on the unit? That might help me track this down.

Thanks,

Back