Entourage - Send & Receive button not working...

TheBattman

I'd rather be fishin'
Up until yesterday evening, the "Send & Receive" button could be clicked and Entourage would send and receive mail from all of my accounts.

Then last night, for no apparent reason, this action no longer worked. I can click on the little widget right next to this button and select each account individually to receive mail.

I have searched for preferences to delete and found a few, but this has made no difference.

Short of a complete re-install, anyone have a suggestion?

In the Schedules menu item, is Send and Receive All still set to "Enable" ?

I haven't used Entourage in a long time so if that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas, sorry.

By the way, how is it "not working" ? Are you getting an error message, or just no mail ?

If I just simply click the "send & Receive" button, nothing at all happens. Visually, you can tell that I clicked the button, but Entourage does nothing in response.

Also, when I click the little widget right beside that button, the options to Send & Receive All and Send All are greyed out. Didn't use to be that way.

I did check my schedules and even deleted them and set them back up.

I just don't get it.

Some additional info -

PowerMac Dual Ghz G4, 1.5 GB ram, Panther 10.3.2

Latest version of MS Office X available.

TheBattman said:
If I just simply click the "send & Receive" button, nothing at all happens. Visually, you can tell that I clicked the button, but Entourage does nothing in response.

Also, when I click the little widget right beside that button, the options to Send & Receive All and Send All are greyed out. Didn't use to be that way.

I did check my schedules and even deleted them and set them back up.

I just don't get it.

In the Schedule for Send and Receive all, are there any accounts listed? Check each account and make sure the checkbox next to Include in Send and Recieve all is checked. If not, it may be grayed out because there are no accounts associated with the Schedule.

Hope this helps, can't think of anything else.

Mike

Could be currupt files in yor Microsoft User Daya folder. Although Entourage would just crash on me or pop an error and refuse to open.

I too never had this problem, but you can uncheck, send and recieve all, it will still work if you click that button. Now if the email accounts are not inside that schedule, or the actions are not Recieve Mail from... then that may cause that to happen.

BINGO!

Thanks macmikey! I don't understand how those could have gotten "unchecked" as I have never (as far back as I remember) ever checked or unchecked that option.

The button has always just worked....and now it's working again!

TheBattman said:
BINGO!

Thanks macmikey! I don't understand how those could have gotten "unchecked" as I have never (as far back as I remember) ever checked or unchecked that option.

The button has always just worked....and now it's working again!

I seemed to remember tis happening to one of my clients. I never did find out why it happened, just noticed none were selected.

Glad to help.

Mikey

Back