Epson Workforce 615 Not Recognizing Network

vja4Him

Registered
My Epson Workforce 615 printer is not recognizing our network. Any ideas how to fix this problem?

I am using a D-Links 655 router for our networking.

I watched this video on setting up the Epson Workforce 610 printer:

Printer Setup

and followed the instructions exactly, but the printer did not recognize our network. So, I checked out the menus and figured out how to enter the name of our network manually, then put in the correct password.

It seems that the printer is not recognizing (seeing) our network. I printed out a status sheet, and the SSID shows the name of our network, but the printer is not connecting to our network.

Do I need to change a setting in the Router? What exactly should I do, to get our printer working .... ????

The only way that I can print wirelessly is to disable our secure network. And now our Internet connection is much slower, which seems to indicate that somebody is hijacking our network.

This is really a problem, since there are four of us who need to print. If all of us hard-wire to the printer, that will mean spending a lot of money on cables, and some kind of a switch to allow four computers to connect to the printer.

Log into you wireless router and find out what security you are running on your wireless network. If the router sees the wireless printer IP then put that IP into your favorite browser window. This will bring up the networked router wiki page and you can set it up correctly onto your network.

Just let us know if the Epson uses the B, G or N frequencies.

Log into you wireless router and find out what security you are running on your wireless network. If the router sees the wireless printer IP then put that IP into your favorite browser window. This will bring up the networked router wiki page and you can set it up correctly onto your network.

Just let us know if the Epson uses the B, G or N frequencies.

I downloaded the Epson Workforce 610 printer manual. It says that my printer only supports B and G. I had the router preferences set to all frequencies. Not sure if that would be a problem ....

Anyway, got the printer working now. Had to reset the router to factory settings, and disable secure network so I can print wirelessly.

Seems that this printer is not compatible with our router, for wireless printing with a secure network.

Back