error problem

fcomps

Registered
k ive tried downloading tons of pkg files and they just wont work anymore, im mean i use to download stuff all the time and just recently just wont download things like limewire and onyx even quicktime.... and now everytime i tried to download them they wont even do a thing it just says that theres an error plz help...

Why did you start a new thread, when you still have the identical issue?

Which Mac do you have? PowerPC (G4, G5). Or, Intel Mac (Core2Duo)

macbook os x version: 10.4.11 1.83 ghz intel care 2 duo, 512mb 667 mhz ddr2 sdram
i did look for that thread till after i had made mine...

Double-clicking an installer (usually a .pkg file) shouldn't be getting interference from stuffit - which is not an installer at all.
Right-click on that installer .pkg - then choose Installer from the Open With menu
Does that start the installer properly?

yeah if i had something else to install it with there nuthing i downloaded about every unarchiving program there is....

As I said - stuffit will not install anything - it's just a file expander, and not a very good one at that. "The Unarchiver" has much more flexibility, among other choices. It also does not provide a way to install other software.
If you right-click on that .pkg - what are your choices in the menu after clicking Open With ?

Back