Expose -- Death to tabbed browsing?

Mr K,

Yes, if you hit f10, the windows of that app will pop. You can then hit apple+tab to switch apps, and it will release the app you are in, and pop the windows of the next app. Then hit f10 again to enter that app, or click on one of the windows to go directly to it.
Or, you can even hold down f10, hit apple+tab, then release f10 all in one fail swoop.
I also have my 5+scroll wheel mouse set up with expose. Sometimes I accidentally hit a button, but it doesn't really matter. It is a really cool way to work.

ElDiablo,

I am going to steal your idea for using the Explorer Mouse butttons to activate Exposé! And I'm not even going to give you credit. Thanks! ;)

Hey, no problem! I used to have the middle button set to double-click, which I thought I couldn't live without... turns out I CAN live without it, and I like Expose buttons on the mouse better!

I bet you can use Command-Tilde to switch windows in Expsé, as well.

I can see a limitation of Exposé: If you're using many applications and you hav lots and lots of windows open, the contents can be hard to read, especially if you have a hundred, or even fifty, windows open. And half of them are all text.

100 windows....hmm...yeah, that would just be pointless...unless of course you are running on some huge monitor with some insane resolution. *drool*

Command-tilde works in Exposé as well! It's kinda cool, giving you an animated switching effect as it cycles through the windows.

I love both tabs and Exposé. I use tabs intensively (more than 15 per window in general), and I use Exposé a bit.

The function I use the most in Exposé is this wonderful 'show desktop' function, which lets me open and edit my principal files and folders at an incredible speed. I don't use the Photoshop file browser any more !

I have affected Exposé to keys F5, F6 and F7, because those keys I use with my left hand, as I do in QuarkXPress. The problem is... Exposé gets over Quark, so I can't hide/show guides in Quark, for instance, as quickly as I used to do before. Just one more incentive to switch to InDesign I guess.

Back