External HD for iTunes

granthac

Registered
So my office is finally cracking down on music stored on our CPUs and they are saying that we can no longer store music on our computer's hard drive or office network. We are, however, allowed to keep iTunes on our computer and run the music from any external device. Ordinarily I would just plug in my iPod and let that do the trick, but my home computer is mac and I work on a pc. Does anyone have any good recommendations for portable hard drives that I can point my iTunes both at work and at home to? I often d/l podcasts when at work that I would like to save so just bringing my iPod everyday doesn't really help me. Thanks in advance!!
-Chris

what you CAN do is format your ipod as PC (it will still work perfectly on your mac at home and you can reload it from home) and then when you mount your ipod on your work PC, just play the music from itunes and your ipod. You can turn off syncing and manually update it from either machine.

cheers

nittany4, that's a good idea!

Also, you could get a small bus-powered USB hard drive, like the next-generation Acomdata drive http://www.acomdata.com/hdp/fs.html (I say next gen because I have one that has the same case but none of the features of this one). It's tiny, about the size of an iPod.

Back