External not mounting need help.

arip609

Registered
I have a wd hard drive that will not mount on my macbook. The disk utility sees it but will not attempt to repair it or verify it.

I have tried using disk warrior 4 off of my hard drive and it will recognize it and say that it is in a pc format.

anyone experience this before? Can someone tell me either how to change the file format on the external drive or how to get the mac to recognize it.

Mac OS X. 10.4.8

Thanks all.

I have a wd hard drive that will not mount on my macbook. The disk utility sees it but will not attempt to repair it or verify it.

I have tried using disk warrior 4 off of my hard drive and it will recognize it and say that it is in a pc format.

anyone experience this before? Can someone tell me either how to change the file format on the external drive or how to get the mac to recognize it.

Mac OS X. 10.4.8

Thanks all.

I have the EXACT same issue.. with my WD 500gig (MyBook). And I don't even remember formatting it in PC Format, cause that's what Disk Warrior 4 told me as well.

Any chance that you solved this problem? I'd hate to think the only solution was to format the thing.

Being that it claims that I formatted the thing in PC/Windows format, I can't Verify or Repair the Disk with Disk Utility

Update. Weirdest thing.

So today I take my sister's Dell laptop (how much I hate PC's).. and it's running Vista and whatnot, so I plug in my WD 500gig MyBook to it, and voila! It works, everything is accessible. So I move some of the files I need to her desktop to transfer over with my little USB key.

So I remove my external HD from it, and then maybe an hour or two later, I plug it back in my iBook laptop (G4) just to see.. and voila! It mounts and everything like nothing was ever wrong.

Go figure.

Back