Fault in Safari

biljo11

Registered
I have had my iMac some 4 months. A couple of weeks ago, Safari altered its display. My Safari display is now 'letterbox' shaped. ie full screen width but only about 3 inches high.

This is does NOT happen with Firefox. I also have Parallels 3 installed and several Windows installations, all of which work perfectly. In Windows, both Firefox and Internet Explorer are normal. Note that I installed Parallels 3 BEFORE the Safari fault appeared.

Can anyone tell me how to get my Safari window back to normal, please ?

Hopefully
Best Wishes
biljo11

Try deleting Safari's preferences /YourHardDrive/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist . This will reset safari's preferences and this may fix the display issue.

I have had my iMac some 4 months. A couple of weeks ago, Safari altered its display. My Safari display is now 'letterbox' shaped. ie full screen width but only about 3 inches high.

This is does NOT happen with Firefox. I also have Parallels 3 installed and several Windows installations, all of which work perfectly. In Windows, both Firefox and Internet Explorer are normal. Note that I installed Parallels 3 BEFORE the Safari fault appeared.

Can anyone tell me how to get my Safari window back to normal, please ?

Hopefully
Best Wishes
biljo11
I assume you've tried the obvious...
click on the lower-right corner of the window and dragging it down.

My thanks to Satcomer and to jbarley. Yes, I was able, ultimately, to drag down the corner of the rectangle. But NOT until Safari preferences had been reset .

Best wishes
Biljo11

Back