Favorite games - thread

Giaguara

Chmod 760
Staff member
Mod
What games do you like to play? ;)

I'm not really into games ... so if I play anything, it's mostly Deimos Rising. I like that type of games.. (here) .. the other few I play or have installed are XGates (like Xbill, those who use Linuxes might know .. you kill Bills that try to install Windows to Macs), pop-pop (arkanoid style, a bit childish) and Quake.

What about you? :cool:

CivIII and Diablo II (LOD)

I went through a period of time where I did nothing at all but play these games over and over and over again.

Especially with Diablo and battle.net you can literally spend your whole day questing. It's an addiction that I'm glad I finally got through. If not I might be out on the street now begging for change :p

call me "Mr. Illegal" i am personally a fan of ROM's SNES roms are cool because nintendo has moved way beyond that and they don't really care

emulating a PS on mac is cool espescally when you have an iShock II ;)

I once downloaded the WolfMP demo for Mac, before the game was even out on PC, and I played that demo for months (one map, internet multiplayer).
When the game hit the stores I bought it and played it till I got a PC. Then I bought the game for PC and kept playing...I'm hooked on Wolfenstein, can't stop playing.

Anywho, I rule this game and it's mostly what I play...this and Quake 3...

I myself am in to MAX PAYNE. Got thru the first level..Keep getting killed on second, but am going to hang in there..:mad: :mad: :mad:

I play SOF2 and the Navy Seals (www.ns-co.net) and Threewave (www.threewave.com) mods for Quake 3. SOF2 not so much anymore... Navy Seals is better. Max Payne was a blast. I beat it on all three difficulties (but not New York Minute, never tried that one).

Let's see here:

StarCraft (+BroodWar)
WarCraft (1, 2, and 3)
THPS (2 and 3)
Max Payne
Medal of Honor
Quake 3
Unreal Tournament
Descent 3
Nanosaur
Madden NFL 2001
StarWars: Jedi outcast
Spider-man
4x4 EVO
Alice
Black & White (Best game!)
Myst III
Red Faction

There are plenty more, but i won't bore you. :)
Mac+games=heaven.

Games I played on my iBook:

Unreal Tournament
Diablo II (Classic & LoD)

Overall:
Prince of Persia, SimCity - Great classic oldies!
CIV I, II, III - I love these! :)
Diablo
Quake III Arena
Baldurs Gate
Icewind Dale

My favourite modernish games were Fallout and Fallout 2. My favourite games of all time are text adventures such as Zork, Planetfall, Curses etc.

My favorite all-time games are the LucasArts games, like the two original Monkey Islands and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. I also really loved Prince of Persia 1 and 2. I haven't really gotten into anything else, but do have RealMyst for OS X and do plan on playing it one of these days.....

Moving backward in time...

Ghost recon
return to wolfenstein
Snes9x emulation with pad
StarCraft brood wars.
Oni
Myth 2
The marathon triology
Indiana jones - Fate of Atlantis
Monkey Island 2 (the best music ever)
Prince of Persia
Apache Strike
Dark castle
Uninvited
Deja vu

All I know is that when Championship Manager 4 and SimCity 4 come out, I'm not going to get any damned work done...

I like Battlefield 1942 (not Mac game, but should be, dammit!), Starcraft & Brood War, Myth 2, plus countless others. Those are the ones that keep me going (until they die a horrible death-*cough* Myth 2 *cough cough*). They have excellent multiplayer.

I liked MOHAA a lot, but I think Battlefield is much better. It's like an upgrade.

I like every game except tetris. Everything else is amazingly fun.
Blizzard Games
Unreal Tournament
all Grand Theft Autos
Tony Hawk games
Those cool army games like Socom Navy Seals
aliens vs predator
The newest monkey island
Lucasarts STAR WARS games except for the strategy ones
AND THE LIST KEEPS GOING!

Originally posted by substrate
My favourite modernish games were Fallout and Fallout 2. My favourite games of all time are text adventures such as Zork, Planetfall, Curses etc.

they now have a UI version of zork ^^

Back