Feature Comparison Between Os X 10.1,10.2,10.3 Server

ohmelas

Registered
Hi All,

I'm watching Ebay and I'm looking at Apple and I can't find a web page that compares the features of OS X 10.1, 10.2 and 10.3 Server. What features and version were added with each release of the server product. Can anyone help me here?

From that knowledge I'd better be able to guage wheather or not I'd be able to play nicely with my Macs and PC's on my system.

Thanks.

Well, I am no expert. I can say with 10.3.x your getting the latest Apple implemented SMB and Active Directory support (along with other tools). If you look at this and scroll down the page you will get a general idea of a comparison. However, 10.1 is most definitely not worth the try because 10.2 was a big leap over 10.1. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck.

I tried to find something similar on Apple's Web Page for SERVER technologies and there was no hi-level overview that I could find. The link above was kind enough to tell me about the differences between 10.1,2,3 on the OS itself but being an afficionado like I am I'm allready there with my desktops in the casa. I'm using the OS and thiking that a Server upgrade from my Appleshare IP might be in line finally, I'd like to see the forest before I go looking for the tree.

Definitely spring for 10.3 Server if you want to serve a mixed network. Bug fixes, active directory, interface optimizations, etc.

That said, I'm not a big expert either.

Doug

I don't understand why you would go for anything other than 10.3 unless price was the number one concern...

Back