Files get open with single click sometimes

adi.shoukat

Registered
I recently started having this problem. When I browse through different image/video files, some of the files get open with one click only. This is really very annoying. I am event thinking to migrate back to Windows because of this problem.

How to reproduce the issue:
-> Open a folder that contains many images/video files
-> Click on anyone of them to select it
-> Now click outside the window. So, the finder goes out of the focus (but should stay visible)
-> Now, inside finder click any other image/video just once, it will open up automatically with just single click

Sorry but I cannot reproduce the issue following your procedure, consequently I cannot offer any assistance.

If you select a file, then click somewhere outside of that window, the file remains selected, but is just not in focus.
If you click on that already-selected file, the system may still hold that first click, and another click registers as a second click, even though it's several seconds later. (Not saying that's correct behavior, but might explain what's happening)
Trackpad?
Mouse?
If trackpad, is that the built-in one on a MacBook, or a wireless Magic trackpad?
Go into your System preferences, then Mouse, or Trackpad prefs. Make sure that "double-click speed" is NOT at either extreme.

Have you tried another mouse?

Also, be sure to try the same trick when logged in to another user on your Mac. Create a new user just to test this.

If you select a file, then click somewhere outside of that window, the file remains selected, but is just not in focus.
If you click on that already-selected file, the system may still hold that first click, and another click registers as a second click, even though it's several seconds later. (Not saying that's correct behavior, but might explain what's happening)
In step #4 of the example in the OP's post, he specifically mentions to "click any other image/video just once",
that was the behavior that I could not reproduce.

Back