Find Madeleine

Rhisiart

Registered
Several weeks ago, Madeline McCann aged four, was abducted whilst on holiday with her parents in Portugal.

Much confusion and controversy surrounds this tragic event (Madeleine had been left home alone along with her two year old siblings whilst the parents ate out at a nearby restaurant).

An international campaign has been set up to try and find her. There is suspicion (but no proof) that she was 'stolen to order'.

Here is the campaign web site.

I really don't know what to make of the whole thing. Something just doesn't quite hold together here. Even so, I desperately hope she is found.

Now there is news that she's dead and the police got a letter with a map, stating exactly where she's buried. Many Psychologists say that the McCann's were going one step too far, with visiting all these countries, because they say that this makes the kidnapper nervous, so he would kill the girl, just so he's "off the hook", in his point of view and doesn't have to deal with her anymore.

I do not mean to be crass, but I think the whole 3-ring circus surrounding Madeleine's disappearance needs to stop. Seriously, when you start seeing people walking with "Find Madeleine" T-shirts or posting "Find Madeleine" posters in their Windows in England, hundreds/thousands of miles away from the crime scene in Portugal, you need to start asking how useful that is gonna be.

I wish everyone would just back off the McCanns and more importantly to stop harassing the Portugese police for daily progress updates. It puts them under unnecessary pressure, makes them pursue someone who looks innocent (Can anyone say exactly why Robert Murat is a suspect? When the police have turned up nothing to support their accusation?). Real police work takes time. Let them do their jobs and stop hindering them.

I do not mean to be crass, but I think the whole 3-ring circus surrounding Madeleine's disappearance needs to stop. Seriously, when you start seeing people walking with "Find Madeleine" T-shirts or posting "Find Madeleine" posters in their Windows in England, hundreds/thousands of miles away from the crime scene in Portugal, you need to start asking how useful that is gonna be.
Perhaps I am party of the circus too, having posted this topic. I can see your point though. It reminds of Princess Diana's death. Britain was in mourning for several weeks. A sort of mass hysteria.

While this whole thing is a tragedy, it has gotten completely out of hand. The media coverage is ridiculous. I was reading on another forum that someone had noticed in their local paper that a young black child had been killed the same week Madeline McCann disappeared. Not being a middle class white girl it didn't even make the national news.

While this whole thing is a tragedy, it has gotten completely out of hand. The media coverage is ridiculous. I was reading on another forum that someone had noticed in their local paper that a young black child had been killed the same week Madeline McCann disappeared. Not being a middle class white girl it didn't even make the national news.
Yes, I remember this news story. And we never heard the outcome (hopefully positive).

The latest twist is that the parents of Madeleine McCann are now being treated as the prime suspects.

I suspect they are not guilty of murder, but they are certainly guilty of neglect.

You don't leave three children, aged 2 to 4, alone in an unfamiliar apartment, whilst you dine in a restaurant 200 metres away (especially as child minding services were locally available).

I think the Portuguese police, media and Portuguese people cannot believe that these parents would leave their children unattended.

The fact that they have come under suspicion is not necessarily right, but it may be understandable.

Back