finder problems want work and its blinking at the menu bar desktop want work or trash

brithenee24

Registered
finder is not working at all and im am trying not to lose my cool! ok see outta no where finder goes and decides not to work! all i did was install a new update and when my mac restarted and i logged back in and the menu bar at the top for finder was blinking! i noticed my files that i had on my desktop were not visible wen i click on the trash it wont pop up either! i clicked finder on the dock and it still dnt work! the menu bar at the top only blinks when i click on finder! i have tried restarting and shutting down many times! i seen a some people have had the same problem well yah nobody posted any comments that help them! im really lookin forward to somebody who can please help me out!

Last edited:
When asking for help please provide the version of OS X and on what computer.

Now there have been some stories of a Stuffit plug-in that interferes with a Finder (in a certain version of OS X). Find the Stuffit plugin and move to the Trash and restart. See if that helps.

help!!! i am having the exact same problem on a macbook leopard os x 10.5.8... please let me know if you are able to solve this problem!!!

thanks!

shawna

I too am having the same problem-- after restarting, at some point while browsing on the internet, the icons disappear from my desktop, the finder ceases working, and for that matter i am having issues with my usb wireless adapter and external hard drive that started around the same time. all of these are severly hindering productivity-- please help!

mac os x 10.4.11, powermac G4 cube

Back