Finder shows files in icon view, not in others

Cow Loon

Registered
If I navigate to one particular folder on my harddisk, using finder, the files and folders show up in icon view, or if I expand the folder from it's parent folder in list view, but the they don't show up if I open the folder directly in column or list view.

What'll I do?

Oh I should point out that this is a folder a look at often and this is new behavior.

If you open that folder, change the view to what you desire, then close the folder without any other action - then re-open the folder, the view should be as you left it. Does this happen?

By close the folder, do you mean close the finder window? If I navigate to the folder, select the list view then close the finder window (or navigate to the folder, select the list view and then select a different folder). I still get nothing displayed in list or column view. In icon view the files and folders in that folder display.

Sorry, I'm not understanding :)
You mean that when you change the view, you see nothing (no files/folders)? Or, if you return to the window, it reverts to icon view, and you have to change again.?
Make sure that your View Options for that window are set for 'this window only' and not 'all windows'

Okay, I guess my wording is not very good.

The problem is that no files or folders are shown within a certain folder, if I use list or column view, but they are shown if I use icon view. This is still true if I change to list view and close the finder window (or click away to another folder), and then come back.

Oh oops. It's actually just in list view that the folders/fiels don't appear. Icon view and Column views show the files. List view does not. And it's only this one folder, and it has only started happening recently.

So, I've fixed the problem. I moved the regular files out of the directory and it now displays in list view. Oddly though, if I put the files back in the directory it still shows...

So, I've fixed the problem. I moved the regular files out of the directory and it now displays in list view. Oddly though, if I put the files back in the directory it still shows...

Most likely a cache problem. By moving the files you refreshed the cache. Onyx might have cured your problem.

Back