Finder still at 10.4.2 on 10.4.3

ylon

Registered
Just had an interesting Finder crash and one thing I noticed and subsequently verified with the About Box on this and other machines is that Finder is still at 10.4.2 on the 10.4.3 update. Seems odd, particularly after the Spotlight related crash that I'd had right after upgrading. Any thoughts on that version number? Did they accidently not up the version number or are we running with no updates to Finder?

I'm on 10.4.2 and my Finder version is 10.4.1. The Finder isn't necessarily updated with every OS update, so I guess the version number disparity is normal.

Edit: I just upgraded to 10.4.3, and yeah, the Finder's version is 10.4.2 on my end, too. But that means it WAS updated, since it was 10.4.1 before. So it must be normal.

What Mikuro said is right -- the Finder is just another Apple application, and the version will most likely NOT be in sync with the overall system version. The Finder is not the operating system -- it's just a small part of it in application form and has it's own versioning scheme.

That's like saying, "Hey, iTunes is still at 6.0.1 when I updated my system to 10.4.3! It didn't get updated!"

Back