Finding IP addresses

hakunamatita

Registered
Is there a way for me to display the IP addresses of all the devices on my home network?

I have 4 computers, 1 router/modem, 1 printer and three Linksys WAP11s. For now, the router assigns DHCP every 24 hours. If I want to get into the device by a browser, I need the IP address, but if it keeps changing, I need to try each one in the router's range, which is a pain.

Also, I keep having problems getting into my Linksys WAP11. It will work for awhile and then not work and then a day later work again. Any clues for me?

It is easy. Your have to setup the router with a password. If you have never setup the router, consult the routers manual. You can also find a router reset function from steps in the router's manual. It will tell your how to to get the router through your web browser. Once their, you can see all devices connected to the router and so much more. You should ALWAYS change the default password on your home router for basic security because if I had your IP getting to router and cutting you off would be a snap.

Dear Satcomer:

Thank you for responding. I have accessed the router's setup page many times and also searched through the various menus and submenus to no avail. Perhaps the devices I am trying to find are somehow offline at the moment. Let me know if you have any other specific info that might help. I was hoping for some Terminal command or the like. By the way, I have the manual for the Westell, and it seems to indicate that the devices on the LAN should be listed, but it only lists actual computers on the network. I am looking for the Linksys devices (WAP11s), printer, etc.
Thanks!

Get the MAC addresses of the WAP11s and tell the router's DHCP page to always assign certain IPs to those devices (though I don't see why they should need IPs at all, or would have them).

Most routers' "attached devices" page will tell you all about every attached network device (reported by their NIC's MAC address) including Printers.

Back