Fire fox question

ron45

Registered
Hope this isn't considered off topic. I have fire fox for a few years. I seldom use it because I do not what to spend an hour absorbing all the hype about fire fox to find out how to make it look like a modern browser. It looks like something from the 90's. Every thing is displayed minus images usually and just generally looking amateur. I know there is something to D L but I have no idea which one it is and don't want most of what they offer to `help' me.

Does anyone have a simple explanation of what is needed. And why not just make it look like a real browser instead of beak dipping ubber ales?

Ron

That's a relative term. I'm on a pre intel 2GHz mac. Os X4.1.1 It may not run on this box. But I'll check into that.

Ron

Fire Fox has dropped PPC suport on its newest version.However the Camino browser is a good substitute and is still has support for PPC.

what with all your negative remarks as to FireFox, I'm surprised you have any desire to use it.
After all Safari runs really well on OS X version 10.4.xx.

The OP expressed a dislike for FireFox,that's why I suggested Camino_Official support for PPC is supposed to end with 4.0.I have never been satisfied with FireFox on PPC,Safari and Camino seem to me to run much better on older machines.

I was only pointing out for those who care, that there is PPC support for FireFox in version four, and it appears it will continue.

I didn't find Camino much different from Firefox. Still looks like a 90s browser. Just text hanging is space and accosional photos also hanging in space. Looks like a high school student designed both apps. I was looking for a different browser because after carefully following directions on various utube dn loaders none of them do what they claim. All give errors msgs. I've about given up.

Ron

Could you please post a screen shot of what your describing and do you know how to change your browser settings! And what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

I cannot find a screen capture button or key combination. Help is just a redirect to the forum. Been thru the faq nada on screen shot or capture. The deeper I go the less I find. Never saw a help section with no topic or search window. Are we going for the lean mean dos nerd vibe with this app. What I''m trying to accomplish is make this app look like a well designed pro browser such as Safari or Win Explorer. I don't really want to wade thru the addon morass. Is there one that will slick this thing up with out spending an hour with pull down menues.

Ron

Go to utilities,select Grab,open up,pull down capture from the menu,select screen or window and save.Don't know what kind of app your trying to create or what it is supposed to do.So I can't help you other than offering browser suggestions.You might want to consider upgrading your OS to 10.5.8 and working off of that, 10.4.11 support is quickly fading.

At the risk of derailing the berating of Fire Fox (sic),

Seems (big assumption here) that the OP wants to capture YouTube streams (because static screen capture is just a Cmd Shift 4 away). Getting them in Safari is a bit of a pain, but not impossible. Open the Activity Window - Look for the url that is growing (e.g. 3k of 143k), copy that and paste it into the Downloads Window.

Voila! Purloined Video

Back